Sunday, July 3, 2011

when i least expect it

you think i would learn.
whenever i feel like i am getting comfortable, like i have things under control, of course things change on me.
we had the party at the church yesterday.
it was fun!
we had spent all day at the waterpark with tracy and the kids.
jordan and evan were out all day looking for evan's wallet ( that had flown out of his pocket driving his bike... yes, just the day before he leaves.... no stress added to the situation!)
back to the party... since we had been out he still had to pack, so i wanted to leave as soon as possible.
well, bishop asked me if i had received his phonecall... he wanted to talk to both of us.
our rs president had been called to the stake rs presidency last week at conference, so we all knew there were going to be changes.
since i hadn't heard from bishop all week, i thought i had nothing to worry about... till then.
it felt like a heart attack.
i wasn't expecting that calling at all.
it feels too big for me.
way too big.
good thing i have the most amazing counselors.
they are more than what you could ever imagine.
the sisters in my ward are the best.
it felt amazing when bishop asked for their supporting vote and they lifted their hand, i literally felt a ( much needed) boost of energy.
i was glad evan was there with me too.
he makes me believe i can do anything.
he is amazing to me.
so... we'll see what is in this for me to learn.
i can think of a billion things right now.
i'll just say, i am grateful for my Saviour. because through Him we can be perfected, and His grace is sufficient if i humble myself, to make strengths out of my weaknesses.
He is truly my heroe.
Glory be to God for the infinite gift of His Son.



2 comments:

Beth-a-knee said...

wow, congratulations! You are going to be so busy!

Sarah-Lynn said...

I can totally see you doing an amazing job Esther!! They are really lucky to have you! Let's face it, it was bound to happen at some point right? Maybe if you weren't so spiritual...:)