Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stitches


I think I've been so lucky that almost 6 years of being a mom, after three kids, yesterday was the first day I had to take one of my babies into emergency to get stitched :(
Isabel, poor thing, was the one.
We had had a nice day, shopping, getting ice cream cones... and playing outside in the front yard blowing bubbles.
Isabel was so happy running free, messing the pile of fallen leaves I was trying to clean up, looking up and saying bye to the planes that were flying in the sky.... I really stopped and looked at my beautiful kids and thought to myself that THIS was the life!
And suddenly, Isabel starts running and falls right at the front stairs of the house, bumps her head and as if bouncing off of them falls right on her back...
The result: blood........lots of it!
I kept asking myself: Now what???
Evan says I always freak out, so I didn't know what to think...so I stopped the bleeding and waited for him to have a look at it.
Poor Isabel fell asleep from the shock I guess.
We ended up going to the Hospital, I dropped Evan and Isabel and took the older ones to class with me.
And here she is...Two hours and two stitches after.... looking as happy and as beautiful as ever!!!


5 comments:

Patricia said...

tia k monton de pelo tiene ya? jajaj Los niños son de goma tia!!! recuerdo a Evan cayendo cual bola de nieve por las escaleras...en slow motion claro!!! yo ya llorando cogiendole en brazos y él.....tan pancho! ni lagrimas ni llantos ni gemidos de dolor ni ná! lo pasé yo peor k él! en eso nos parecemos a la Tia Manoli!! ajajaj somos alarmistas!!

lorena said...

Jo, yo estoy tan acostumbrada que con el botiquín en casa me apano yo misma... Jajaja. Espero que Isabel este bien y que este contenta lo antes posible como es ella!!

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Pobrecita... pero mírala ella, tan sonriente, como si nada :D
Qué mona está.

Rachel Kingsley said...

Poor little girl!! :( Blood freaks me out a bit too.

Sarah-Lynn said...

Aww poor Isabel! It was so hard taking Adriel to get stitches, because of how hard he was crying and how scared he was. It's probably good you didn't have to witness it. Blood gets me all worked up too, especially when it's coming out of your baby!!