Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Family "Love" Evening

Three months ago, we started a plan for our family home evenings...who teaches, what topics, when to have a fun activity... and we've been really good in keeping it.
We've put more effort into having family home evenings where we can involve Carmen since she is more and more ready for learning each day. And yesterday we had a good one. It was on "LANGUAGE". It was very convenient since the lesson on Sunday was about this same topic and Evan had missed it because of being in a meeting.
First we sing "Families can be together forever" and we've sang it often enough now, that Carmen knows part of it....it's so cute. Then we kneel to pray and I helped Carmen say to each of us: "I love you, very much" ( she always likes to say "mucho, mucho, mucho"). Then I was holding the hymnbook and Evan took it from me very meanly and we said...NOOOOO!!! I held it again and Evan asked: Can I have the book, pleeeeease??? And I answered: Ok. He said thank you, I said your welcome. And then she tried it. She was so cute. I can't believe how fast she learned to do it the nice way.... Way faster than screaming to her saying that was wrong! yelling NO! Don't do that...etc.
We put the babies to bed and Evan and I continued the lesson. Elder Hollands words are so powerful. I remember how I felt listening to it during conference. I really felt I have to improve in this area. And talking to Evan about this really helped. So we had an exercise. We told what we liked of each other ( that was great) and we set a goal for the week not to raise our voice. I'm excited. I really want to do better. I feel like now that Carmen is almost three is when I'm starting to know how to be a mother... a good mother.
It was lovely Family Home Evening!






2 comments:

{irene} said...

Peri!!..que has perdido ya 6 libras!!!!!...te vas a quedar en los huesos!!!..Te lo has currado mari...enhorabuena!!!..Y si..todavia estoy en Espana!!!..Vielvo el Domingo y ya estoy que me corto las venas de la pena...snifff...tia...espana es muy fuerte...te lo vas a pasar bomba!...ojala pudiese verte!

{irene} said...

ay peri...bajon...ya estoy de vuelta...